Squid Ball Recipe for Food Cart Business
1. Meat materials:
- 150 g – Minced squid meat
- 350 g – Ground fish meat
2. Mix 1:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp – Salt, refined
- 1/2 tsp – Phosphate
- 1/4 cup – Chilled water
3. Mix 2:
- 1/4 cup – TVP powder
- 1/2 tsp – Carageenan
- 1 Tbsp – Isolate
- 1/2 cup – Chilled water
4. Mix 3:
- 1/4 cup – Sugar, refined
- 1/2 cup – Onion, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp – Garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp – MSG
- 1/4 tsp – Baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup – Corn starch
- 1/4 cup – Iced water
- 1 t – BF blend
- 1/2 tsp – Meaty ginisa
- Wash fish thoroughly. Fillet fish, wash and scrape meat.
- Wash fish meat, squeeze and chop or grind in food processor.
- Wash squid. Remove head and skin.
- Wash and chop squid meat until fine.
- Add salt to washed, minced fish and squid meat. Mix until a sticky mixture is obtained.
- Add sugar and other ingredients. Add cornstarch alternately with iced water.
- Add squid, mix.
- Form into balls and soak in cold water for 20 minutes.
- Cook squid balls in simmering water for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Store in freezer until ready for use.
6. Sweet & Sour Sauce, Mix:
- 1/2 cup – water
- 1/4 cup – sugar
- 2 Tbsp – vinegar
- 1 Tbsp – cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp – salt
- 1 Tbsp – oil
- 3 Tbsp – catsup
- 1 pc – siling labuyo, chopped
Cook until translucent texture is obtained.
You can buy all the ingredients above at:
Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center
Nutrition Foundation of the Philippines Bldg.
#107 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Quezon City
Tel: 411-1349; 742-0826; 742-7866
source: Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center
Leave a comment
- Agrilink, Foodlink, Aqualink 2014
- Best Durian Farm Practices and Other Tips
- How to Make Organic Insect Repellant
- Technology for Making Coco Methyl Ester (CME) Or Biodiesel
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 4
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 3
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 2
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 1
- How to Make Mushroom Burger for your Foodcart Business
- Home-Based Business: Making Beaded Curtain Tassels
- Growing Kaong (Sugar Palm), Other Uses
- Growing Kaong (Sugar Palm) Primer
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- migel on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Ben Orozco on Guide to Proper Feeding of Hog/Swine
- Ben Orozco on How to Grow Bell Pepper (High Value Crops)
- jay on Financial Literacy 101 (Tips & Terminologies)
- edwin on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer