Siomai Recipe for Food Cart Business
1. Meat materials:
- 1000 g – Pork (700g lean, 300g back fat), ground finely
- 100 g – Shrimp meat, cooked and chopped finely (or 2 tsp shrimp powder)
2. Curing mix:
- 1 Tbsp – Salt, refined
- 1/2 tsp – Curing salt
- 1 tsp – Phosphate
- 1/4 cup – Chilled water*
- * To dissolve in 3 ingredients
- 1/4 cup – TVP
- 1/2 tsp – Carageenan
- In 1/2 cup water, add 1/4 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP). Hydrate fr 3 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp. carageenan.
- 1/2 Tbsp – Black pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsp – Garlic, chopped finely
- 3/4 cup – Carrots, shredded and pressed
- 1/4 cup – Young green onion, chopped finely
- 1 pc Egg, medium size
- 1/2 cup – Cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp – MSG
- 2 Tbsp – Sesame oil
5. Packaging material: Molo wrapper (1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″) 2 packs
- 1 cup – Soy sauce
- 12 pcs Calamansi
- 1 Tbsp – Sugar
- 1 tsp – Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp – MSG
- 2 Tbsp – Garlic, fried
- 2 Tbsp – Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp – Sesame seeds (fried)
- Mix meat with first three ingredients: salt, curing salt and phosphate in chilled water.
- Mix continuously until tacky.
- The, combine all ingredients thoroughly and wrap into molo wrapper.
- Steam for 30-35 minutes at simmering temperature.
- Serve with prepared sauce.
Yield: 100-200 pcs/kg 1 pc = 2 tsp meat mixture per kg.
You can buy all the ingredients above at:
Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center (UEC)
Nutrition Foundation of the Philippines Bldg.
#107 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Quezon City
Tel: 411-1349; 742-0826; 742-7866
source: Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center
Leave a comment
- How to Make Spicy Dilis (Anchovies)
- How to Make Balao-Balao (Buro)
- Tie-Dying Clothing and Accesories
- Small Scale Cashew Nut Processing (eBook Download)
- How To Make Banana Chips for Home-Based Business
- Growing Tiessa (Canistel)
- Setting-up a Home Based Business in Appliance Repair
- How to Make Aromatherapy and Decorative Candles
- How to Run Small Bakeshop Operations by Cooperative
- How To Make Herbal Soap for Home & Commercial Use
- Home-Based Business: Making Beaded Flip-Flops (Slippers)
- How to Make Pickled Sea Cucumber
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- migel on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Ben Orozco on Guide to Proper Feeding of Hog/Swine
- Ben Orozco on How to Grow Bell Pepper (High Value Crops)
- jay on Financial Literacy 101 (Tips & Terminologies)
- edwin on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Malu Fern on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership