Siomai Recipe for Food Cart Business
1. Meat materials:
- 1000 g – Pork (700g lean, 300g back fat), ground finely
- 100 g – Shrimp meat, cooked and chopped finely (or 2 tsp shrimp powder)
2. Curing mix:
- 1 Tbsp – Salt, refined
- 1/2 tsp – Curing salt
- 1 tsp – Phosphate
- 1/4 cup – Chilled water*
- * To dissolve in 3 ingredients
- 1/4 cup – TVP
- 1/2 tsp – Carageenan
- In 1/2 cup water, add 1/4 cup textured vegetable protein (TVP). Hydrate fr 3 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp. carageenan.
- 1/2 Tbsp – Black pepper, ground
- 2 Tbsp – Garlic, chopped finely
- 3/4 cup – Carrots, shredded and pressed
- 1/4 cup – Young green onion, chopped finely
- 1 pc Egg, medium size
- 1/2 cup – Cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp – MSG
- 2 Tbsp – Sesame oil
5. Packaging material: Molo wrapper (1 1/2″ x 1 1/2″) 2 packs
- 1 cup – Soy sauce
- 12 pcs Calamansi
- 1 Tbsp – Sugar
- 1 tsp – Ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp – MSG
- 2 Tbsp – Garlic, fried
- 2 Tbsp – Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp – Sesame seeds (fried)
- Mix meat with first three ingredients: salt, curing salt and phosphate in chilled water.
- Mix continuously until tacky.
- The, combine all ingredients thoroughly and wrap into molo wrapper.
- Steam for 30-35 minutes at simmering temperature.
- Serve with prepared sauce.
Yield: 100-200 pcs/kg 1 pc = 2 tsp meat mixture per kg.
You can buy all the ingredients above at:
Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center (UEC)
Nutrition Foundation of the Philippines Bldg.
#107 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Quezon City
Tel: 411-1349; 742-0826; 742-7866
source: Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center
Leave a comment
- Techno-Guide on Multi-Commodity Solar Tunnel Dryer (MCSTD)
- Soil Testing, The Right First Step
- How to Make Salted Eggs in Heated Clay Method
- How to Make Cheese Spread from Carabao’s Milk (Filipino)
- Sea Urchin Culture in Cages
- Raising and Culture of Red Tilapia (Filipino)
- How to Make Pastillas de Leche (Home Business)
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 6
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 5
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 4
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 3
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 2
- beth on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- aubrey on What is Organic Food? Organic Foods 101
- venie on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- venie tenepere on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- ARTEMIO iSRAEL on Starting a Water Refilling Station Business
- FELIX ELIZON on Catfish (Hito) Culture – Primer
- jun on How to Make Hamburger (Commercial Recipe)
- jun on Hardware and Construction Supply Business Tips
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership