How to Make Tomato Candy
An article by pinghoi No Comments
In summer, tomatoes abound. Thus, it is good to preserve them for future use especially when they are not in season. One of the ways of preserving them is by making candy.
- Ripe, red tomatoes with thick flesh
- White sugar
- Wash, blanch in hot water and peel.
- Slice crosswise in the middle, remove seeds.
- Add sugar in the same volume as tomatoes and leave overnight.
- Boil in low fire until the tomatoes become clear.
- Drain the syrup.
- Spread the candy on a tray and dry under the sun or in an oven (cabinet dryer) until almost dry.
- Roll over white sugar and dry again until crispy.
- Wrap each in cellophane or place in plastic bags or jars.
Leave a comment
- Agrilink, Foodlink, Aqualink 2014
- Best Durian Farm Practices and Other Tips
- How to Make Organic Insect Repellant
- Technology for Making Coco Methyl Ester (CME) Or Biodiesel
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 4
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 3
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 2
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 1
- How to Make Mushroom Burger for your Foodcart Business
- Home-Based Business: Making Beaded Curtain Tassels
- Growing Kaong (Sugar Palm), Other Uses
- Growing Kaong (Sugar Palm) Primer
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- migel on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Ben Orozco on Guide to Proper Feeding of Hog/Swine
- Ben Orozco on How to Grow Bell Pepper (High Value Crops)
- jay on Financial Literacy 101 (Tips & Terminologies)
- edwin on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer