How to Make Tomato Candy
An article by pinghoi No Comments
In summer, tomatoes abound. Thus, it is good to preserve them for future use especially when they are not in season. One of the ways of preserving them is by making candy.
- Ripe, red tomatoes with thick flesh
- White sugar
- Wash, blanch in hot water and peel.
- Slice crosswise in the middle, remove seeds.
- Add sugar in the same volume as tomatoes and leave overnight.
- Boil in low fire until the tomatoes become clear.
- Drain the syrup.
- Spread the candy on a tray and dry under the sun or in an oven (cabinet dryer) until almost dry.
- Roll over white sugar and dry again until crispy.
- Wrap each in cellophane or place in plastic bags or jars.
Leave a comment
- Production Guide and Growing of Saluyot (Jute)
- Making Refrigerator Magnets for Home-Craft Business
- Salt, An Effective and Cheap Fertilizer for Coconut
- Making Tocino for Your Home-Based Business
- What is Organic Food? Organic Foods 101
- Manufacturing Process of Coconut Fiberboard
- Making Beef Tapa for a TapSiLog Business
- Production Process of Coconut Flour and Virgin Coconut Oil Part 2
- Production Process of Coconut Flour and Virgin Coconut Oil Part 1
- How to Make Spanish-Style Sardines in Bottles
- Species for Bonsai Material Part 2
- Species for Bonsai Material Part 1
- jun on How to Make Hamburger (Commercial Recipe)
- jun on Hardware and Construction Supply Business Tips
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- migel on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Ben Orozco on Guide to Proper Feeding of Hog/Swine
- Ben Orozco on How to Grow Bell Pepper (High Value Crops)