How to Make Tomato Candy
In summer, tomatoes abound. Thus, it is good to preserve them for future use especially when they are not in season. One of the ways of preserving them is by making candy.
- Ripe, red tomatoes with thick flesh
- White sugar
- Wash, blanch in hot water and peel.
- Slice crosswise in the middle, remove seeds.
- Add sugar in the same volume as tomatoes and leave overnight.
- Boil in low fire until the tomatoes become clear.
- Drain the syrup.
- Spread the candy on a tray and dry under the sun or in an oven (cabinet dryer) until almost dry.
- Roll over white sugar and dry again until crispy.
- Wrap each in cellophane or place in plastic bags or jars.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Testing of Soil for Brickmaking
- How to Make Clay Bricks
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Lime, Clay & Sand
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Rice Hull
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Coconut Husk
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Agricultural Wastes
- How to Make Bricks & Tiles from Rice Hull Ash & Clay
- Sweet Elena Mango, The Sweetest Mango Variety
- The Business of Lapu-Lapu (Grouper) Culture
- The Many Uses of Jackfruit (Langka)
- Aloe Extract, Natural Healer and Poultry Growth Enhancer
- Golden Snail as Supplement Feeds for Farm Animals