How to Make Tokwa (Soybean Curd)
An improved production technology is introduced to come up with instant dry soybean curd, superior in quality compared to the fresh form. The technology uses MgSO4, as coagulant which increase the yield of fresh soybean curd. The instant soybean curd has a good texture upon rehydration and its storage life is lengthened to 6 months from the 3 day-old fresh curd.
- Cheese cloth
- Cooking vessel
- Processed the soybean milk by soaking soybeans overnight. Washi, clean and blending it by grinding.
- Add 12 liters of water to every kilo of soybeans. This mixture is cooked for 30 minutes with occasional stirring.
- The puree is strained on cheesecloth to obtain the milk.
- Boil the milk for 10 minutes, then cooled to 50° C.
- A volume of 0.2% MgSO4 is added to promote curd formation for 20 minutes.
- Curd is collected into cloth lined mold or press.
- The curd is then cut into desired sizes, frozen, thawed and soaked briefly in sodium bicarbonate solution.
- Finally, the soaked curd is pressed and dried in a solar dryer at 60° C.
FRESH BEAN CURD
- 1 cup soybeans
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Soak the beans in water overnight. Change water several times and remove floating grains.
- Wash, grind the soybeans. Add about 6 cups water for every cup of beans while grinding.
- Boil the ground beans in water for ½ hour while stirring.
- Strain in muslin cloth.
- Mix in well a teaspoon of vinegar.
- Wrap in cloth the curdled soybean.
- Remove the express water by putting weight on top of it.
1 Comment + Add Comment
Leave a comment
- An Egg a Day is Ok
- Sweet Potato Contains Anti-aging Nutrients
- Plant-Based Natural Pesticides (Filipino)
- Coco Water Prolongs Freshness of Vegetables
- Steps How to Export Your Farm Produce
- Production and Business Guide on Egg Layers, Storage Part 5
- Production and Business Guide on Egg Layers, Production Part 3
- Production and Business Guide on Egg Layers, Health Part 4
- Production and Business Guide on Egg Layers, Management Part 2
- Production and Business Guide on Egg Layers Part 1
- Chicken Feet with Sauce Recipe (Home-Business)
- Optimized Tilapia Feeding Strategies
- joy on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Vincent on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Artemio Israel on Starting a Water Refilling Station Business
- Bianca on Hardware and Construction Supply Business Tips
- Filipinas on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Grey Hound on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- beth on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- aubrey on What is Organic Food? Organic Foods 101
- venie on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- venie tenepere on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership