How to Make Tokwa (Soybean Curd)
An improved production technology is introduced to come up with instant dry soybean curd, superior in quality compared to the fresh form. The technology uses MgSO4, as coagulant which increase the yield of fresh soybean curd. The instant soybean curd has a good texture upon rehydration and its storage life is lengthened to 6 months from the 3 day-old fresh curd.
- Cheese cloth
- Cooking vessel
- Processed the soybean milk by soaking soybeans overnight. Washi, clean and blending it by grinding.
- Add 12 liters of water to every kilo of soybeans. This mixture is cooked for 30 minutes with occasional stirring.
- The puree is strained on cheesecloth to obtain the milk.
- Boil the milk for 10 minutes, then cooled to 50° C.
- A volume of 0.2% MgSO4 is added to promote curd formation for 20 minutes.
- Curd is collected into cloth lined mold or press.
- The curd is then cut into desired sizes, frozen, thawed and soaked briefly in sodium bicarbonate solution.
- Finally, the soaked curd is pressed and dried in a solar dryer at 60° C.
FRESH BEAN CURD
- 1 cup soybeans
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Soak the beans in water overnight. Change water several times and remove floating grains.
- Wash, grind the soybeans. Add about 6 cups water for every cup of beans while grinding.
- Boil the ground beans in water for ½ hour while stirring.
- Strain in muslin cloth.
- Mix in well a teaspoon of vinegar.
- Wrap in cloth the curdled soybean.
- Remove the express water by putting weight on top of it.
1 Comment + Add Comment
Leave a comment
- How to Make Spicy Dilis (Anchovies)
- How to Make Balao-Balao (Buro)
- Tie-Dying Clothing and Accesories
- Small Scale Cashew Nut Processing (eBook Download)
- How To Make Banana Chips for Home-Based Business
- Growing Tiessa (Canistel)
- Setting-up a Home Based Business in Appliance Repair
- How to Make Aromatherapy and Decorative Candles
- How to Run Small Bakeshop Operations by Cooperative
- How To Make Herbal Soap for Home & Commercial Use
- Home-Based Business: Making Beaded Flip-Flops (Slippers)
- How to Make Pickled Sea Cucumber
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- migel on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Ben Orozco on Guide to Proper Feeding of Hog/Swine
- Ben Orozco on How to Grow Bell Pepper (High Value Crops)
- jay on Financial Literacy 101 (Tips & Terminologies)
- edwin on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Malu Fern on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership