How to Make Spanish Style Sardines
An article by admin No Comments
Ingredients: (Per 8 oz glass jar or 307 x 201.25 can)
- dressed fish (tamban, tunsoy, silinyasi, tawilis) 170 grams
- monosodium glutamate or vetsin, 0.2 gram
- whole black peppercorn, 6 pcs
- siling labuyo, 1-2 pcs
- bayleaf or laurel, 1 pc
- carrots, sliced transversely, 3 pcs
- sweet pickles, sliced transversely, 2 pcs
- weighing scale
- chopping board
- double boiler
- pressure cooker
- 8-oz sterilized bottles with new caps
- Wash the fish thoroughly. Remove the head, fins, internal organs and blood.
- Cut the fish transversely to fit the size of the container and scrape off remaining blood.
- Soak fish in 20% salt solution (1 part salt to 4 parts water) for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Fill the cut fish into cans or glass jars. Fill-in weight for 307 x 201.25 can and 8-oz. glass jar is 170 grams.
- Add other ingredients and enough vegetable oil into each can leaving 1/6- to ¼-inch headspace.
- Exhaust to an internal temperature of 82°C and seal.
- Process in a pressure cooker or a retort for one (1) hour at 121°C (15 psig) or 1 ½ hour at 116°C (10 psig).
- Cool cans under running water. Allow the glass jars to cool atmospherically.
- Wash glass jars and cans to remove adhering oil and dry.
- Code, label and store at room temperature.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Testing of Soil for Brickmaking
- How to Make Clay Bricks
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Lime, Clay & Sand
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Rice Hull
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Coconut Husk
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Agricultural Wastes
- How to Make Bricks & Tiles from Rice Hull Ash & Clay
- Sweet Elena Mango, The Sweetest Mango Variety
- The Business of Lapu-Lapu (Grouper) Culture
- The Many Uses of Jackfruit (Langka)
- Aloe Extract, Natural Healer and Poultry Growth Enhancer
- Golden Snail as Supplement Feeds for Farm Animals