How To Make Smoked Fish or Tinapa
An article by admin No Comments
- 1 kilo tamban or galunggong
- Kitchen knife
- Smoking trays
- Tin cans
- Cut the fish along the back just above the backbone to split it open leaving the belly solid.
- Remove all internal organs and blood.
- Make another cut under the backbone.
- Wash well and soak for 30 minutes in a solution of 1/2 cup salt and 4 cups water.
- Place fish in a coarsely woven basket and dip in boiling 10% salt solution (approximately 6 tbsp. salt for every 4 cups water until the eyes turn white).
- Arrange fish in smoking trays and drain for 10 minutes.
- Partially dry fish in cool, shady place for about 3 hours before smoking.
- Smoke fish at 32-38° C for 1-2 hours or until golden brown in color.
- Cool smoked fish for a while and brush with vegetable oil.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Testing of Soil for Brickmaking
- How to Make Clay Bricks
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Lime, Clay & Sand
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Rice Hull
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Coconut Husk
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Agricultural Wastes
- How to Make Bricks & Tiles from Rice Hull Ash & Clay
- Sweet Elena Mango, The Sweetest Mango Variety
- The Business of Lapu-Lapu (Grouper) Culture
- The Many Uses of Jackfruit (Langka)
- Aloe Extract, Natural Healer and Poultry Growth Enhancer
- Golden Snail as Supplement Feeds for Farm Animals