How To Make Smoked Fish or Tinapa
An article by pinghoi No Comments
- 1 kilo tamban or galunggong
- Kitchen knife
- Smoking trays
- Tin cans
- Cut the fish along the back just above the backbone to split it open leaving the belly solid.
- Remove all internal organs and blood.
- Make another cut under the backbone.
- Wash well and soak for 30 minutes in a solution of 1/2 cup salt and 4 cups water.
- Place fish in a coarsely woven basket and dip in boiling 10% salt solution (approximately 6 tbsp. salt for every 4 cups water until the eyes turn white).
- Arrange fish in smoking trays and drain for 10 minutes.
- Partially dry fish in cool, shady place for about 3 hours before smoking.
- Smoke fish at 32-38° C for 1-2 hours or until golden brown in color.
- Cool smoked fish for a while and brush with vegetable oil.
Leave a comment
- How to Make a Zen Fountain (Home-Craft Business)
- Genetically Male Tilapia (GMT)
- Culture of Pangasius
- How to Make Kesong Puti (Soft Cheese)
- Production Guide and Growing of Saluyot (Jute)
- Making Refrigerator Magnets for Home-Craft Business
- Salt, An Effective and Cheap Fertilizer for Coconut
- Making Tocino for Your Home-Based Business
- What is Organic Food? Organic Foods 101
- Manufacturing Process of Coconut Fiberboard
- Making Beef Tapa for a TapSiLog Business
- Production Process of Coconut Flour and Virgin Coconut Oil Part 2
- venie on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- venie tenepere on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- ARTEMIO iSRAEL on Starting a Water Refilling Station Business
- FELIX ELIZON on Catfish (Hito) Culture – Primer
- jun on How to Make Hamburger (Commercial Recipe)
- jun on Hardware and Construction Supply Business Tips
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management