How To Make Smoked Fish or Tinapa
An article by pinghoi No Comments
- 1 kilo tamban or galunggong
- Kitchen knife
- Smoking trays
- Tin cans
- Cut the fish along the back just above the backbone to split it open leaving the belly solid.
- Remove all internal organs and blood.
- Make another cut under the backbone.
- Wash well and soak for 30 minutes in a solution of 1/2 cup salt and 4 cups water.
- Place fish in a coarsely woven basket and dip in boiling 10% salt solution (approximately 6 tbsp. salt for every 4 cups water until the eyes turn white).
- Arrange fish in smoking trays and drain for 10 minutes.
- Partially dry fish in cool, shady place for about 3 hours before smoking.
- Smoke fish at 32-38° C for 1-2 hours or until golden brown in color.
- Cool smoked fish for a while and brush with vegetable oil.
Leave a comment
- Techno-Guide on Multi-Commodity Solar Tunnel Dryer (MCSTD)
- Soil Testing, The Right First Step
- How to Make Salted Eggs in Heated Clay Method
- How to Make Cheese Spread from Carabao’s Milk (Filipino)
- Sea Urchin Culture in Cages
- Raising and Culture of Red Tilapia (Filipino)
- How to Make Pastillas de Leche (Home Business)
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 6
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 5
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 4
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 3
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 2
- beth on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- aubrey on What is Organic Food? Organic Foods 101
- venie on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- venie tenepere on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- ARTEMIO iSRAEL on Starting a Water Refilling Station Business
- FELIX ELIZON on Catfish (Hito) Culture – Primer
- jun on How to Make Hamburger (Commercial Recipe)
- jun on Hardware and Construction Supply Business Tips
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership