How to Make Siopao (Recipe #1)
A lot of search for siopao recipe has landed on this site. Well, I guess more Pinoys are interested with this kind of business. Proof is stands and carts selling cheap siopao are mushrooming all over because Filipinos love the dimsum. It takes little more than a steamer to start in the business though, but the art of making siopao is the main factor.
This additional post for other preparations and cooking methods will surely satisfy the searcher.
- 6 cups flour
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 lb cubed pork loin or chicken thighs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 green onions
- 4 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 t. water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In another bowl dissolve yeast in lukewarm water then add 1 cup of the flour mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover with a cloth and let rise 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the white sugar in the boiling water.
- Stir well then let cool to lukewarm.
- Pour into the yeast mixture, then add the rest of the prepared flour mixture.
- Stir to blend well.
- Grease a large bowl.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead for 3 minutes-you want your dough smooth, not sticky.
- Place ball into bowl, turn once and cover with a damp cloth.
- Let rise 2 hours or until doubled.
- Meanwhile saute the garlic and onions in a small amount of oil in a wok.
- Add meat and stir fry for 1 minute or until meat is no longer pink.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and brown sugar.
- Pour in the dissolved cornstarch and stir fry quickly until meat is glazed well.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Punch down dough and knead on a floured board for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide dough and roll each half into a 12×2 inch log.
- Cut each into 12 pieces, making 24.
- Roll each piece into a ball using your hands then rolling it flat into a 3 inch diameter circle.
- Dust with flour if needed to prevent sticking.
- Place 1 slice of egg into center of dough round, then 1 T. of filling with sauce.
- Gather sides of round, pinch together and twist.
- Place pinched side down on parchment paper and place in steamer.
- Repeat until done.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for 1 hour.
- Steam Siopao for 20 minutes.
- You can freeze cooked Siopao, simply re-steam for 10 minutes.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- The Business of Lapu-Lapu (Grouper) Culture
- The Many Uses of Jackfruit (Langka)
- Aloe Extract, Natural Healer and Poultry Growth Enhancer
- Golden Snail as Supplement Feeds for Farm Animals
- Ornamental Fish Breeding: Uncovering a Billion-Dollar Industry Part 2
- Ornamental Fish Breeding: Uncovering a Billion-Dollar Industry Part 1
- Sweet Sorghum: Raw Material for Ethanol
- The Benefits of Seaweed Farming
- Portable Multi-Purpose Smokehouse
- Cassava: Surviving the Menace of Drought
- Growing Potato Without Soil (Hydroponics)
- How to Extract Sugar From Coco Sap (Tuba)
- Ornamental Fish Breeding: Uncovering a Billion-Dollar Industry Part 1 « Business Ideas on Ornamental Fish Breeding: Uncovering a Billion-Dollar Industry Part 2
- Ornamental Fish Breeding: Uncovering a Billion-Dollar Industry Part 2 « Business Ideas on Ornamental Fish Breeding: Uncovering a Billion-Dollar Industry Part 1
- Goat Raising Primer « Business Ideas on Goat Raising, Management
- Goat Raising, Other Practices & Production Inputs « Business Ideas on Goat Raising Primer
- Production of Pummelo, Pest Control and Harvesting « Business Ideas on Production of Pummelo, Primer and Cultivars
- Production of Pummelo, Primer and Cultivars « Business Ideas on Production of Pummelo, Orchard Establishment
- Production of Pummelo, Orchard Establishment « Business Ideas on Production of Pummelo, Primer and Cultivars
- How to Make Marshmallow, Recipe « Business Ideas on How to Make Marshmallow, Starter
- How to Make Marshmallow, Starter « Business Ideas on How to Make Marshmallow, Recipe
- Culture and Production of Roses, Primer « Business Ideas on Culture and Production of Roses, Diseases