How to Make Salted Egg (Simple and Traditional)
Eggs with fissures are sold as sariwa or fresh duck eggs. Eggs with thin shells but have no cracks are made into salted red eggs. Dip eggs in a mixture of salt, garden soil, and water.
- Put 3 canfulls of salt (using common powdered milk can (300-330 ml) to 1/2 pail of mud-clay that have been strained.
- Add water gradually. Stop adding water to soil when mixture sticks to your fingers when you dip these in the salty muck.
- Coat eggs with soil-salt mixture and store for 18 days in a box measuring 14 x 14 x 21 inches.
- On the 19th day, wash and hard-boil the eggs.
- Dip salted eggs in a solution or red dye.
The next batch of eggs can be processed using the previous mixture, but add one canful of salt.
source: ldc.da.gov.ph, photo from choosephils.com, itikbersemi.blogspot.com
Leave a comment
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 1
- How to Make Wine from Yacon
- Making Spanish & Portuguese-Style Sardines for Home Business
- How to Make Cake Flowers (Home-Based Business)
- SNAP for Hydroponics
- Guide for Saba (Cardaba) Banana Production Part 2
- Guide for Saba (Cardaba) Banana Production Part 1
- How to Make a Zen Fountain (Home-Craft Business)
- Genetically Male Tilapia (GMT)
- Culture of Pangasius
- How to Make Kesong Puti (Soft Cheese)
- Production Guide and Growing of Saluyot (Jute)
- venie on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- venie tenepere on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- ARTEMIO iSRAEL on Starting a Water Refilling Station Business
- FELIX ELIZON on Catfish (Hito) Culture – Primer
- jun on How to Make Hamburger (Commercial Recipe)
- jun on Hardware and Construction Supply Business Tips
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management