How to Make Salted Banana Chips
An article by pinghoi No Comments
- 1 kg green matured banana
- (saba variety)
- 10 g salt (2 tsp.)
- 480 mL water (2 c)
- 3 L oil
- knife (stainless)
- chopping board
- measuring spoons/cups
- banana slicer
- absorbent paper
- plastic sealer
- basin/mixing bowl
- thermometer (100 – 250oC)
- weighing scale
Packaging Materiaks : PE/PP bags
- Prepare 2% salt solution (approx. 2 tsp. salt:2 c water).
- Wash and soak bananas in chlorinated water (100 ppm) for 10 minutes.
- Peel and slice thinly (0.05 – 1 mm) green, mature bananas crosswise and soak for 2 hours in the salt solution.
- Drain and put the banana slices on wire-mesh container.
- Heat cooking oil to high temperature (150-175 °C). Fry the slices with occasional stirring until light brown or when bubbling ceases.
- Cool in trays lined with absorbent (or tissue) paper.
- Sort out chips that stick together.
- If soaking of the slices in salt solution is omitted, you may dust the cooled fried chips with refined salt (1.5% by weight of final chips). Powdered salt may also be used.
- Pack in polyethylene plastic bags or in plastic bottles for retail.
- Seal and label.
Leave a comment
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 4
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 3
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 2
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 1
- How to Make Mushroom Burger for your Foodcart Business
- Home-Based Business: Making Beaded Curtain Tassels
- Growing Kaong (Sugar Palm), Other Uses
- Growing Kaong (Sugar Palm) Primer
- How to Make Crispy Squid Rings
- How to Make Smoked Cuttle Fish
- Start a Balloon Arrangement Business
- Starting a Bar or Club Business
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- migel on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Ben Orozco on Guide to Proper Feeding of Hog/Swine
- Ben Orozco on How to Grow Bell Pepper (High Value Crops)
- jay on Financial Literacy 101 (Tips & Terminologies)
- edwin on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer