How to Make Pork Tocino
Meat: 1kg. Pork pigue or kasim, with or without skin. Boneless, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- salt – 2 tbsp.
- sugar – 5-8 tbsp.
- rhum or gin – 1 tbsp.
- prague powder – 1/4 to 1/2 tsp.
- vetsin (optional) – 1 tsp.
- ascorbic acid (250 mg) – 1/2 Tablet
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
- weighing scale
- chopping board
- Slice meat to about 0.63 cm (1/4 inch) thick.
- Mix all above ingredients for curing.
- Rub the mixture on both sides of the slices and re-mix all to allow even distribution of curing mixture.
- Arrange the pieces in a bowl and cover.
- Keep at room temperature for 12 hours or in the refrigerator for 3 days to cure (the slices may be dried under the sun after curing to prolong shelf life).
- Polyethylene bags: Size – 6″ x 12″ ; Thickness – 0.003
- Styrofoam, rectangular in shape with cling on top
Tocino Home Recipe
- 2 lbs. of pork/pork chops or red loin with fat, sliced into 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons of anise wine
- 2 tablespoon of annatto water
- 2 tablespoon of salt
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of salitre ( saltpeter )
- Combine all the ingredients in a shallow pan except for the pork.
- Sprinkle the mixture onto the pork and make sure that it is distributed evenly.
- Pile the pork inside a container with a cover and keep refrigerated for about 3 days to cure the pork.
- To cook, just put a little water in a skillet and add the pork and fry it until done.
You can buy all meat processing ingredients at:
Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center
Nutrition Foundation of the Philippines Bldg.
#107 E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Quezon City
Tel: 411-1349; 742-0826; 742-7866
source: Ultima Entrepinoy Forum Center
1 Comment + Add Comment
Leave a comment
- Genetically Male Tilapia (GMT)
- Culture of Pangasius
- How to Make Kesong Puti (Soft Cheese)
- Production Guide and Growing of Saluyot (Jute)
- Making Refrigerator Magnets for Home-Craft Business
- Salt, An Effective and Cheap Fertilizer for Coconut
- Making Tocino for Your Home-Based Business
- What is Organic Food? Organic Foods 101
- Manufacturing Process of Coconut Fiberboard
- Making Beef Tapa for a TapSiLog Business
- Production Process of Coconut Flour and Virgin Coconut Oil Part 2
- Production Process of Coconut Flour and Virgin Coconut Oil Part 1
- venie on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- venie tenepere on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- ARTEMIO iSRAEL on Starting a Water Refilling Station Business
- FELIX ELIZON on Catfish (Hito) Culture – Primer
- jun on How to Make Hamburger (Commercial Recipe)
- jun on Hardware and Construction Supply Business Tips
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management