How to Make Patis (Fish Sauce)
High quality fish sauce with 13.6% protein content and fish paste (bagoong).
- Fish of assorted species
- Enzymes from micro-organisms
Equipment: Fermentation vessels provided with stirrer
- Wash assorted species of fish to free them from undesirable dirt.
- Grind fish to facilitate hydrolysis of the protein constituent.
- Place ground fish into clean fermentation vessels provided with stirrer.
- Add appropriate amount of salt and mix uniformly to inhibit the growth of micro-organisms during fermentation.
- Introduce enzymes obtained from micro-organisms of plant animals to fortify the natural endoenzymes present in the fish. Stir the mixture.
- Adjust the pH requirement of the particular enzyme used.
- Ferment for 13 days. Clean the digested mash by filtering. Bottle the clear reddish brown liquid as patis and the residue containing some insoluble protein as “bagoong.”
- Fermentation is allowed to occur for 13 days. The digested mash is cleared and from the filtered clear reddish brown liquid is bottled as quality patis and the residue containing some insoluble protein as bagoong.
For more information, contact:
DOST Bldg. Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City
Telephone Nos: (632) 837-20-71 to 82
1 Comment + Add Comment
Leave a comment
- Culture of Pangasius
- How to Make Kesong Puti (Soft Cheese)
- Production Guide and Growing of Saluyot (Jute)
- Making Refrigerator Magnets for Home-Craft Business
- Salt, An Effective and Cheap Fertilizer for Coconut
- Making Tocino for Your Home-Based Business
- What is Organic Food? Organic Foods 101
- Manufacturing Process of Coconut Fiberboard
- Making Beef Tapa for a TapSiLog Business
- Production Process of Coconut Flour and Virgin Coconut Oil Part 2
- Production Process of Coconut Flour and Virgin Coconut Oil Part 1
- How to Make Spanish-Style Sardines in Bottles
- venie on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- venie tenepere on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- ARTEMIO iSRAEL on Starting a Water Refilling Station Business
- FELIX ELIZON on Catfish (Hito) Culture – Primer
- jun on How to Make Hamburger (Commercial Recipe)
- jun on Hardware and Construction Supply Business Tips
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management