How to Make Hollow Blocks from Lime, Clay & Sand
The National Institute of Science and Technology was able to produce blocks that does not need to be ignited. This block is rectangular in shape with curve on sides and can be tied on bond. It measures 8″ x 8″ x 6″.
The provinces of La Union, Bulacan, Batangas, and Quezon and Negros Occidental have four (4) kinds of “non-metallic ores” deposit that can be used. The clay and limestone can be found in almost anywhere in the country, but the gravel and sand are abundant in Regions III, IV, VI and X.
Raw Materials: clay, lime, sand, gravel, water
Tools needed: pickax, shovel, wire strainer, wooden mold
- Crush blocks of clay with a pick. With a wire strainer, remove the wastes like stones, roots, twigs and others.
- Strain the lime and sand separately to set aside bigger pieces.
- Mix well five (5) boxes of clay, two (2) boxes of lime and two (2) boxes of sand.
- Gradually add water until desired mixture is attained. The mixture should not be too wet or too dry to maintain the shape of blocks when placed in mold.
- Put in wooden molds and press hard until all the spaces are filled up. Scrape excess in molds.
- Remove blocks on mold and let it stay under the shade for three days. Then dry under the sun for (3) three more days.
For more information, contact:
Dept. of Science and Technology
Rm. 303 DOST Bldg., DOST Complex,
Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City 1631
Telephone Nos: (632) 837-20-71 to 82
Leave a comment
- Production Guide and Growing of Saluyot (Jute)
- Making Refrigerator Magnets for Home-Craft Business
- Salt, An Effective and Cheap Fertilizer for Coconut
- Making Tocino for Your Home-Based Business
- What is Organic Food? Organic Foods 101
- Manufacturing Process of Coconut Fiberboard
- Making Beef Tapa for a TapSiLog Business
- Production Process of Coconut Flour and Virgin Coconut Oil Part 2
- Production Process of Coconut Flour and Virgin Coconut Oil Part 1
- How to Make Spanish-Style Sardines in Bottles
- Species for Bonsai Material Part 2
- Species for Bonsai Material Part 1
- jun on How to Make Hamburger (Commercial Recipe)
- jun on Hardware and Construction Supply Business Tips
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- migel on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Ben Orozco on Guide to Proper Feeding of Hog/Swine
- Ben Orozco on How to Grow Bell Pepper (High Value Crops)