How to Make Hollow Blocks from Lime, Clay & Sand
The National Institute of Science and Technology was able to produce blocks that does not need to be ignited. This block is rectangular in shape with curve on sides and can be tied on bond. It measures 8″ x 8″ x 6″.
The provinces of La Union, Bulacan, Batangas, and Quezon and Negros Occidental have four (4) kinds of “non-metallic ores” deposit that can be used. The clay and limestone can be found in almost anywhere in the country, but the gravel and sand are abundant in Regions III, IV, VI and X.
Raw Materials: clay, lime, sand, gravel, water
Tools needed: pickax, shovel, wire strainer, wooden mold
- Crush blocks of clay with a pick. With a wire strainer, remove the wastes like stones, roots, twigs and others.
- Strain the lime and sand separately to set aside bigger pieces.
- Mix well five (5) boxes of clay, two (2) boxes of lime and two (2) boxes of sand.
- Gradually add water until desired mixture is attained. The mixture should not be too wet or too dry to maintain the shape of blocks when placed in mold.
- Put in wooden molds and press hard until all the spaces are filled up. Scrape excess in molds.
- Remove blocks on mold and let it stay under the shade for three days. Then dry under the sun for (3) three more days.
For more information, contact:
Dept. of Science and Technology
Rm. 303 DOST Bldg., DOST Complex,
Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City 1631
Telephone Nos: (632) 837-20-71 to 82
Leave a comment
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 4
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 3
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 2
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 1
- How to Make Mushroom Burger for your Foodcart Business
- Home-Based Business: Making Beaded Curtain Tassels
- Growing Kaong (Sugar Palm), Other Uses
- Growing Kaong (Sugar Palm) Primer
- How to Make Crispy Squid Rings
- How to Make Smoked Cuttle Fish
- Start a Balloon Arrangement Business
- Starting a Bar or Club Business
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- migel on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Ben Orozco on Guide to Proper Feeding of Hog/Swine
- Ben Orozco on How to Grow Bell Pepper (High Value Crops)
- jay on Financial Literacy 101 (Tips & Terminologies)
- edwin on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer