How to Make Herbal Soap Using Akapulko & Guava
Herbal soap is a kind of soap mixed with natural ingredients, juice or extract and vitamins from medicinal plants.
Prepare the following utensils:
- Plastic pail
- Wooden ladle or bamboo stick
- Glass or cup
- Mortar and pestle
- Cheese cloth or strainer
- Chopping board
- Cooking pot (preferably made of clay, enamel, stainless or glass)
- Plastic molders
How to Prepare a Decoction:
- Wash the leaves thoroughly and chop or cut in small pieces.
- Measure 1 glass of chopped fresh leaves and 2 glasses of water.
- Let it boil for 15 minutes (start timing when the water starts to boil).
- After 15 minutes, remove from fire and strain in a cheesecloth. Set aside and let it cool.
- 1 glass Caustic Soda (NaOH)
- 3 glasses Akapulko or Guava decoction, cooled
- 5 glasses cooking oil
- coloring powder (optional)
- Prepare the materials and the utensils needed.
- Measure 1 glass of caustic soda and 3 glasses of Akapulko or Guava decoction and pour into a plastic pail.
- Mix well by stirring continuously using a wooden ladle or bamboo stick. Use only one direction in mixing the mixture. Stir until the caustic soda is dissolved.
- Pour 5 glasses cooking oil into the mixture.
- Continue stirring until a consistency of a condensed milk is achieved.
- Pour the soap mixture into desired plastic molders. Set aside and let it cool to harden.
- After 4-5 hours, remove the soap from the molder.
- Allow 30 days of ageing before packing. Label the soaps.
- Akapulko leaves – anti-fungal
- Guava leaves – antiseptic for wounds
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Testing of Soil for Brickmaking
- How to Make Clay Bricks
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Lime, Clay & Sand
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Rice Hull
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Coconut Husk
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Agricultural Wastes
- How to Make Bricks & Tiles from Rice Hull Ash & Clay
- Sweet Elena Mango, The Sweetest Mango Variety
- The Business of Lapu-Lapu (Grouper) Culture
- The Many Uses of Jackfruit (Langka)
- Aloe Extract, Natural Healer and Poultry Growth Enhancer
- Golden Snail as Supplement Feeds for Farm Animals
- Ornamental Fish Breeding: Uncovering a Billion-Dollar Industry Part 1 « Business Ideas on Ornamental Fish Breeding: Uncovering a Billion-Dollar Industry Part 2
- Ornamental Fish Breeding: Uncovering a Billion-Dollar Industry Part 2 « Business Ideas on Ornamental Fish Breeding: Uncovering a Billion-Dollar Industry Part 1
- Goat Raising Primer « Business Ideas on Goat Raising, Management
- Goat Raising, Other Practices & Production Inputs « Business Ideas on Goat Raising Primer
- Production of Pummelo, Pest Control and Harvesting « Business Ideas on Production of Pummelo, Primer and Cultivars
- Production of Pummelo, Primer and Cultivars « Business Ideas on Production of Pummelo, Orchard Establishment
- Production of Pummelo, Orchard Establishment « Business Ideas on Production of Pummelo, Primer and Cultivars
- How to Make Marshmallow, Recipe « Business Ideas on How to Make Marshmallow, Starter
- How to Make Marshmallow, Starter « Business Ideas on How to Make Marshmallow, Recipe
- Culture and Production of Roses, Primer « Business Ideas on Culture and Production of Roses, Diseases