How to Make Herbal Soap Using Akapulko & Guava
An article by pinghoi No Comments
Herbal soap is a kind of soap mixed with natural ingredients, juice or extract and vitamins from medicinal plants.
Prepare the following utensils:
- Plastic pail
- Wooden ladle or bamboo stick
- Glass or cup
- Mortar and pestle
- Cheese cloth or strainer
- Chopping board
- Cooking pot (preferably made of clay, enamel, stainless or glass)
- Plastic molders
How to Prepare a Decoction:
- Wash the leaves thoroughly and chop or cut in small pieces.
- Measure 1 glass of chopped fresh leaves and 2 glasses of water.
- Let it boil for 15 minutes (start timing when the water starts to boil).
- After 15 minutes, remove from fire and strain in a cheesecloth. Set aside and let it cool.
- 1 glass Caustic Soda (NaOH)
- 3 glasses Akapulko or Guava decoction, cooled
- 5 glasses cooking oil
- coloring powder (optional)
- Prepare the materials and the utensils needed.
- Measure 1 glass of caustic soda and 3 glasses of Akapulko or Guava decoction and pour into a plastic pail.
- Mix well by stirring continuously using a wooden ladle or bamboo stick. Use only one direction in mixing the mixture. Stir until the caustic soda is dissolved.
- Pour 5 glasses cooking oil into the mixture.
- Continue stirring until a consistency of a condensed milk is achieved.
- Pour the soap mixture into desired plastic molders. Set aside and let it cool to harden.
- After 4-5 hours, remove the soap from the molder.
- Allow 30 days of ageing before packing. Label the soaps.
- Akapulko leaves – anti-fungal
- Guava leaves – antiseptic for wounds
Leave a comment
- How to Make Spicy Dilis (Anchovies)
- How to Make Balao-Balao (Buro)
- Tie-Dying Clothing and Accesories
- Small Scale Cashew Nut Processing (eBook Download)
- How To Make Banana Chips for Home-Based Business
- Growing Tiessa (Canistel)
- Setting-up a Home Based Business in Appliance Repair
- How to Make Aromatherapy and Decorative Candles
- How to Run Small Bakeshop Operations by Cooperative
- How To Make Herbal Soap for Home & Commercial Use
- Home-Based Business: Making Beaded Flip-Flops (Slippers)
- How to Make Pickled Sea Cucumber
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- migel on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Ben Orozco on Guide to Proper Feeding of Hog/Swine
- Ben Orozco on How to Grow Bell Pepper (High Value Crops)
- jay on Financial Literacy 101 (Tips & Terminologies)
- edwin on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Malu Fern on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership