How to Make Fishball (High-End) and Sauce
Food business that you can try and sell this summer, for extra income, even infront of your house. All you need is a kerosene-stove, a pan, oil, bbq sticks and of course your special sauce. Here’s some recipes:
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 head garlic
- 2 eggs
- 3/4-1 1/4 cups cornstarch
- ginger, pepper, salt,
- 1 kilo fish (lapu-lapu, talakitok, apahap, maya-maya, or carp)
- vetsin and soysauce
- Kitchen knife
- Measuring cups
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Boil fish for 3-5 minutes in water with ginger.
- Strain and put in a container. Remove the heads entrails, skin and bones. Flake the fish.
- Peel and chop the carrots, onions, garlic and potatoes. Mix and combine with the fish flakes.
- Grind. Add the eggs, salt, pepper, vetsin and cornstarch.
- Mash and form into balls.
- Boil fish stock. Drop fish ball one by one into the boiling fish stock. Drain.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Store in sterilized bottles, add 2% brine solution (1 tsp. salt for every 4 cups water).
- Cover and boil for 11/2 hours.
- Store for 12 days.
Red Sweet and Sour Fish Ball Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup White sugar
- 1 tablespoon Catsup, to color
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Pour Vinegar into pan, dissolve sugar, low-medium heat.
- Dissolve catsup in 1/4-cup water, then mix with vinegar and sugar in pan. Slowly simmer.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4-cup water, then add to mixture, stir.
- Turn to high heat for 10secs or until consistency is just right, add grounded pepper(optional).
Brown Fish Ball Sauce
- Same procedure just add Sprite or 7 Up to vinegar and sugar mixture (according to taste) some fish ball vendors use Royal or Orange Soda.
- For the color and consistency, substitute catsup with soy sauce and cornstarch with flour.
- Note: Corn Starch makes a clear sauce, Flour makes a merky looking sauce, no difference in developing consistency)
sources: cdkitchen.com, elgu2.ncc.gov.ph
Leave a comment
- Techno-Guide on Multi-Commodity Solar Tunnel Dryer (MCSTD)
- Soil Testing, The Right First Step
- How to Make Salted Eggs in Heated Clay Method
- How to Make Cheese Spread from Carabao’s Milk (Filipino)
- Sea Urchin Culture in Cages
- Raising and Culture of Red Tilapia (Filipino)
- How to Make Pastillas de Leche (Home Business)
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 6
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 5
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 4
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 3
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 2
- beth on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- aubrey on What is Organic Food? Organic Foods 101
- venie on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- venie tenepere on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- ARTEMIO iSRAEL on Starting a Water Refilling Station Business
- FELIX ELIZON on Catfish (Hito) Culture – Primer
- jun on How to Make Hamburger (Commercial Recipe)
- jun on Hardware and Construction Supply Business Tips
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership