How to Make Fishball (High-End) and Sauce
Food business that you can try and sell this summer, for extra income, even infront of your house. All you need is a kerosene-stove, a pan, oil, bbq sticks and of course your special sauce. Here’s some recipes:
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 head garlic
- 2 eggs
- 3/4-1 1/4 cups cornstarch
- ginger, pepper, salt,
- 1 kilo fish (lapu-lapu, talakitok, apahap, maya-maya, or carp)
- vetsin and soysauce
- Kitchen knife
- Measuring cups
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- Boil fish for 3-5 minutes in water with ginger.
- Strain and put in a container. Remove the heads entrails, skin and bones. Flake the fish.
- Peel and chop the carrots, onions, garlic and potatoes. Mix and combine with the fish flakes.
- Grind. Add the eggs, salt, pepper, vetsin and cornstarch.
- Mash and form into balls.
- Boil fish stock. Drop fish ball one by one into the boiling fish stock. Drain.
- Deep fry in hot oil.
- Store in sterilized bottles, add 2% brine solution (1 tsp. salt for every 4 cups water).
- Cover and boil for 11/2 hours.
- Store for 12 days.
Red Sweet and Sour Fish Ball Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup White sugar
- 1 tablespoon Catsup, to color
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- Pour Vinegar into pan, dissolve sugar, low-medium heat.
- Dissolve catsup in 1/4-cup water, then mix with vinegar and sugar in pan. Slowly simmer.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 1/4-cup water, then add to mixture, stir.
- Turn to high heat for 10secs or until consistency is just right, add grounded pepper(optional).
Brown Fish Ball Sauce
- Same procedure just add Sprite or 7 Up to vinegar and sugar mixture (according to taste) some fish ball vendors use Royal or Orange Soda.
- For the color and consistency, substitute catsup with soy sauce and cornstarch with flour.
- Note: Corn Starch makes a clear sauce, Flour makes a merky looking sauce, no difference in developing consistency)
sources: cdkitchen.com, elgu2.ncc.gov.ph
Leave a comment
- How to Make Balao-Balao (Buro)
- Tie-Dying Clothing and Accesories
- Small Scale Cashew Nut Processing (eBook Download)
- How To Make Banana Chips for Home-Based Business
- Growing Tiessa (Canistel)
- Setting-up a Home Based Business in Appliance Repair
- How to Make Aromatherapy and Decorative Candles
- How to Run Small Bakeshop Operations by Cooperative
- How To Make Herbal Soap for Home & Commercial Use
- Home-Based Business: Making Beaded Flip-Flops (Slippers)
- How to Make Pickled Sea Cucumber
- How to Make Sea Cucumber Noodles
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- migel on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Ben Orozco on Guide to Proper Feeding of Hog/Swine
- Ben Orozco on How to Grow Bell Pepper (High Value Crops)
- jay on Financial Literacy 101 (Tips & Terminologies)
- edwin on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Malu Fern on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership