How to Make Buko Pie
Two things I have in mind whenever I heard the word Laguna – hotspring resorts and buko pie! Visiting Laguna is not complete without buying a box of buko pie and the mere mention of it makes my mouth drool. Selling buko pie is a good business too. Here’s some of the recipe’s I dig from the internet.
Buko Pie Recipe #1
- 2 cups buko meat
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 1/2 cup evaporated milk (or fresh milk)
- 1/2 cup starch
Pour directly the uncooked mixture into the pastry-lined pan, top with the second crust, brush with eggwash, bake at 400 deg F for 15 minutes then a further 45 minutes at 325 deg F.
Buko Pie Recipe #2
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 piece eggyolk
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 4 cups coconut meat
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 300 ml. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
1. Blend flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening using two knives or a pastry cutter. Combine yolk, vinegar and water; slowly add the liquid to the flour mixing until dough can be handled.
2. Divide dough into 2 parts with one part slightly bigger than the other. Roll bigger dough to about 2 inches larger than a 16-inch pie plate. Fit dough into a pie plate, letting sides hang. Roll out remaining dough for the crust. Set aside.
2. Combine filling ingredients in a thick saucepan. Cook stirring constantly until thickened. Cool
then pour into prepared crust. Cover with top crust; flute or crimp edges together to seal. Bake for 1 hr. at 425 degrees F.
Buko Pie Recipe #3 (Filipino)
- 1 tasang asukal
- 1/3 tasang cornstarch
- 1 tasang sabaw ng buko
- 1 tasang gatas evaporada
- 1 kutsaritang vanilla
- 2 tasang ginayat na buko
- 2 tasang flour
- 1/2 kutsaritang asin
- 1 kutsaritang asukal
- 1/2 tasang mantikilya
- 1/4 tasang shortening
- 5-6 kutsarang malamig na tubig eggwash
Paraan ng pagluluto:
- Painitin ang oven sa 375 F. Ihanda ang 8 inch pie plate.
- Ihanda ang palaman: Sa kasserola, paghaluin ang asukal at cornstarch.
- Ibuhos ang sabaw ng buko at gatas.
- Lutuin hanggang lumapot. Idagdag ang vanilla at buko. Palamigin.
Sa isang mangkok, paghaluin harina ,asin at asukal.idagdag ang mantikilya at shortening. Haluing maigi. Magdagdag ng sapat na tubig para makabuo ng masa. Hatiin ang masa sa dalawa na mas malaki ang isang bahagi. Kunin ang mas malaking bahagi at padaanan ng rolling pinhanggang maging manipis at maging kasinglaki ng pie plate. Ilipat sa pie plate para matakpan ang ilalim at mga gilid nito. Ibuhos ang palaman. Panipisin ang natirang masa at takpan ang palaman. Pisilin ang mga gilid para magdikit ang dalawang crust. Maglagay ng singawan sa pamamagitan ng pagtusok ng tinidor sa ibabaw ng crust pahiran ng eggwash. Hurnuhin ng 25-30 minuto o hanggang pumula ang crust. Palamigin bago hiwain.
sources: manangkusinera.blogspot.com, myasp-net.com, findpinoy.com
Leave a comment
- Culture of Pangasius
- How to Make Kesong Puti (Soft Cheese)
- Production Guide and Growing of Saluyot (Jute)
- Making Refrigerator Magnets for Home-Craft Business
- Salt, An Effective and Cheap Fertilizer for Coconut
- Making Tocino for Your Home-Based Business
- What is Organic Food? Organic Foods 101
- Manufacturing Process of Coconut Fiberboard
- Making Beef Tapa for a TapSiLog Business
- Production Process of Coconut Flour and Virgin Coconut Oil Part 2
- Production Process of Coconut Flour and Virgin Coconut Oil Part 1
- How to Make Spanish-Style Sardines in Bottles
- venie on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- venie tenepere on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- ARTEMIO iSRAEL on Starting a Water Refilling Station Business
- FELIX ELIZON on Catfish (Hito) Culture – Primer
- jun on How to Make Hamburger (Commercial Recipe)
- jun on Hardware and Construction Supply Business Tips
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management