How to Make Buko Pie
Two things I have in mind whenever I heard the word Laguna – hotspring resorts and buko pie! Visiting Laguna is not complete without buying a box of buko pie and the mere mention of it makes my mouth drool. Selling buko pie is a good business too. Here’s some of the recipe’s I dig from the internet.
Buko Pie Recipe #1
- 2 cups buko meat
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/2 1/2 cup evaporated milk (or fresh milk)
- 1/2 cup starch
Pour directly the uncooked mixture into the pastry-lined pan, top with the second crust, brush with eggwash, bake at 400 deg F for 15 minutes then a further 45 minutes at 325 deg F.
Buko Pie Recipe #2
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 piece eggyolk
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 4 cups coconut meat
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 300 ml. can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2/3 cup cornstarch
1. Blend flour and salt in a bowl. Cut in shortening using two knives or a pastry cutter. Combine yolk, vinegar and water; slowly add the liquid to the flour mixing until dough can be handled.
2. Divide dough into 2 parts with one part slightly bigger than the other. Roll bigger dough to about 2 inches larger than a 16-inch pie plate. Fit dough into a pie plate, letting sides hang. Roll out remaining dough for the crust. Set aside.
2. Combine filling ingredients in a thick saucepan. Cook stirring constantly until thickened. Cool
then pour into prepared crust. Cover with top crust; flute or crimp edges together to seal. Bake for 1 hr. at 425 degrees F.
Buko Pie Recipe #3 (Filipino)
- 1 tasang asukal
- 1/3 tasang cornstarch
- 1 tasang sabaw ng buko
- 1 tasang gatas evaporada
- 1 kutsaritang vanilla
- 2 tasang ginayat na buko
- 2 tasang flour
- 1/2 kutsaritang asin
- 1 kutsaritang asukal
- 1/2 tasang mantikilya
- 1/4 tasang shortening
- 5-6 kutsarang malamig na tubig eggwash
Paraan ng pagluluto:
- Painitin ang oven sa 375 F. Ihanda ang 8 inch pie plate.
- Ihanda ang palaman: Sa kasserola, paghaluin ang asukal at cornstarch.
- Ibuhos ang sabaw ng buko at gatas.
- Lutuin hanggang lumapot. Idagdag ang vanilla at buko. Palamigin.
Sa isang mangkok, paghaluin harina ,asin at asukal.idagdag ang mantikilya at shortening. Haluing maigi. Magdagdag ng sapat na tubig para makabuo ng masa. Hatiin ang masa sa dalawa na mas malaki ang isang bahagi. Kunin ang mas malaking bahagi at padaanan ng rolling pinhanggang maging manipis at maging kasinglaki ng pie plate. Ilipat sa pie plate para matakpan ang ilalim at mga gilid nito. Ibuhos ang palaman. Panipisin ang natirang masa at takpan ang palaman. Pisilin ang mga gilid para magdikit ang dalawang crust. Maglagay ng singawan sa pamamagitan ng pagtusok ng tinidor sa ibabaw ng crust pahiran ng eggwash. Hurnuhin ng 25-30 minuto o hanggang pumula ang crust. Palamigin bago hiwain.
sources: manangkusinera.blogspot.com, myasp-net.com, findpinoy.com
Leave a comment
- How to do Budding of Nursery Plants
- How to do Different Types of Grafts
- How to do Grafting and Budding of Trees and Plants
- How to Transfer Image From One Source to Another
- How to Make Kropeck from Soybean
- How to Make Kropeck from Rice (Laon)
- How to Make Kropeck from Mungbean (Munggo)
- FAQs on BioFuel and Jathropa
- 6th Filipina Entrepreneurship Summit 2014
- How to Make Chips from Squash
- How to Make Pandesal from Squash
- How to Make Suman from Squash
- Harshad Khatri on How to Make Dishwashing Paste
- Drying of Foods Part 4 – Different Dryers « Business Ideas on Drying of Foods Using Different Drying Equipment, Part 1
- Drying of Foods Using Different Drying Equipment, Part 1 « Business Ideas on Drying of Foods Part 3 – Case Hardening and Other Effects of Drying
- Drying of Foods Part 4 – Different Dryers « Business Ideas on Drying of Foods Part 3 – Case Hardening and Other Effects of Drying
- Drying of Foods Part 3 – Case Hardening and Other Effects of Drying « Business Ideas on Drying of Foods Part 2 – Answers
- Drying of Foods Part 2 – Answers « Business Ideas on Drying of Foods Using Different Drying Equipment, Part 1
- Drying of Foods Using Different Drying Equipment, Part 1 « Business Ideas on Drying of Foods Part 2 – Answers
- apon kawagay on Duck Farming Basics
- renz on Chicken Poultry Raising Business Primer
- jeri on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership