How to Make Banana Pastillas
An article by pinghoi No Comments
- 1 kilo (5 cups) mashed ripe bananas (saba or cavendish)
- 300 gm. (2 1/4 cups) sugar
- butter or margarine
- Rolling pin
- frying pan
- chopping or kneading board
- kitchen knife
- wax paper
- Prepare the mashed bananas as follows: Boil the ripe bananas (saba or Cavendish). Peel and slice into 3 cm. thick.
- Grind the sliced bananas until it is mashed, add the sugar and cook over slow fire. Stirring should be done constantly until a clear mixture is obtained with the desired consistency. The mixture should not stick to the sides of the frying pan.
- Transfer the mixture over a kneading board covered with wax paper. Sprinkle small amounts of sugar over the wax paper. Spread the mashed mixture using a rolling pin until it is 1 inch thick.
- Spread butter and small amounts of sugar over the mixture.
- Make slices of about 4 x 1 cm. Cool and wrap individually.
Leave a comment
- Agrilink, Foodlink, Aqualink 2014
- Best Durian Farm Practices and Other Tips
- How to Make Organic Insect Repellant
- Technology for Making Coco Methyl Ester (CME) Or Biodiesel
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 4
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 3
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 2
- Guide to Pineapple Queen Growing (in Filipino), Part 1
- How to Make Mushroom Burger for your Foodcart Business
- Home-Based Business: Making Beaded Curtain Tassels
- Growing Kaong (Sugar Palm), Other Uses
- Growing Kaong (Sugar Palm) Primer
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- Daisy Ferrer on Tricycle, Jeepney, Taxi and FX Operation
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Growing Management
- leo ryan bayang on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- migel on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- Ben Orozco on Guide to Proper Feeding of Hog/Swine
- Ben Orozco on How to Grow Bell Pepper (High Value Crops)
- jay on Financial Literacy 101 (Tips & Terminologies)
- edwin on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer