How to Make Banana Pastillas
An article by pinghoi No Comments
- 1 kilo (5 cups) mashed ripe bananas (saba or cavendish)
- 300 gm. (2 1/4 cups) sugar
- butter or margarine
- Rolling pin
- frying pan
- chopping or kneading board
- kitchen knife
- wax paper
- Prepare the mashed bananas as follows: Boil the ripe bananas (saba or Cavendish). Peel and slice into 3 cm. thick.
- Grind the sliced bananas until it is mashed, add the sugar and cook over slow fire. Stirring should be done constantly until a clear mixture is obtained with the desired consistency. The mixture should not stick to the sides of the frying pan.
- Transfer the mixture over a kneading board covered with wax paper. Sprinkle small amounts of sugar over the wax paper. Spread the mashed mixture using a rolling pin until it is 1 inch thick.
- Spread butter and small amounts of sugar over the mixture.
- Make slices of about 4 x 1 cm. Cool and wrap individually.
Leave a comment
- Techno-Guide on Multi-Commodity Solar Tunnel Dryer (MCSTD)
- Soil Testing, The Right First Step
- How to Make Salted Eggs in Heated Clay Method
- How to Make Cheese Spread from Carabao’s Milk (Filipino)
- Sea Urchin Culture in Cages
- Raising and Culture of Red Tilapia (Filipino)
- How to Make Pastillas de Leche (Home Business)
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 6
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 5
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 4
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 3
- Plant Species with Essential Oil for Perfume Production Part 2
- beth on Growing Grapes in the Philippines, Primer
- aubrey on What is Organic Food? Organic Foods 101
- venie on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- venie tenepere on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership
- ARTEMIO iSRAEL on Starting a Water Refilling Station Business
- FELIX ELIZON on Catfish (Hito) Culture – Primer
- jun on How to Make Hamburger (Commercial Recipe)
- jun on Hardware and Construction Supply Business Tips
- honeyjane fernandez on Starting a Drugstore or Pharmacy Business
- Julieta T.Tsuda on Beer and Softdrinks Dealership