How to Make Banana Pastillas
An article by admin No Comments
- 1 kilo (5 cups) mashed ripe bananas (saba or cavendish)
- 300 gm. (2 1/4 cups) sugar
- butter or margarine
- Rolling pin
- frying pan
- chopping or kneading board
- kitchen knife
- wax paper
- Prepare the mashed bananas as follows: Boil the ripe bananas (saba or Cavendish). Peel and slice into 3 cm. thick.
- Grind the sliced bananas until it is mashed, add the sugar and cook over slow fire. Stirring should be done constantly until a clear mixture is obtained with the desired consistency. The mixture should not stick to the sides of the frying pan.
- Transfer the mixture over a kneading board covered with wax paper. Sprinkle small amounts of sugar over the wax paper. Spread the mashed mixture using a rolling pin until it is 1 inch thick.
- Spread butter and small amounts of sugar over the mixture.
- Make slices of about 4 x 1 cm. Cool and wrap individually.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
- Testing of Soil for Brickmaking
- How to Make Clay Bricks
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Lime, Clay & Sand
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Rice Hull
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Coconut Husk
- How to Make Hollow Blocks from Agricultural Wastes
- How to Make Bricks & Tiles from Rice Hull Ash & Clay
- Sweet Elena Mango, The Sweetest Mango Variety
- The Business of Lapu-Lapu (Grouper) Culture
- The Many Uses of Jackfruit (Langka)
- Aloe Extract, Natural Healer and Poultry Growth Enhancer
- Golden Snail as Supplement Feeds for Farm Animals